23rd October 2023
The ED Society has won a £1,000 Movement for Good Award from Benefact Group thanks to nominations from the public.
We have been selected to receive a £1,000 donation as part of Benefact Group’s Movement for Good Awards, which is giving over £1million to charities for the fifth year running.
“For a small, non-profit charity like us, this £1,000 will go a long way. We always strive to grow our ED community and this money will go towards helping us continue providing our vital support and resources to everyone who is affected by Ectodermal Dysplasia.
Each year we try to hold a Christmas party for our ED families to come together from all over the country. It is a great opportunity for us to meet those we support, for families to connect, to make lifelong friends, and to have the opportunity to have their questions answered by medical professionals from our eminent medical advisory board who join us on the day. This £1000 will be the boost we need to go ahead with our party and give people the opportunity to celebrate together and join our ever-growing ED community.
It is one of the only times children and others affected by Ectodermal Dysplasia are in the majority, and not the minority.”
Members of the public were invited to nominate good causes and winners, including The ED Society, were drawn at random.
“I want to send my heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you who rallied behind us in the recent Movement for Good £1,000 draw.” – said Diana Perry, CEO of the ED Society.
“Your unwavering support means the world to us. At the ED Society, we are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of those affected by Ectodermal Dysplasia.
Together, we are making a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Thank you for being a part of our journey and for believing in our mission.”
We had the privilege of welcoming a representative from the awarding organisation into our office at the beginning of October. She took the time to learn about the vital work we do in raising awareness and providing support to families living with ED.
“Last week I had the privilege to visit one of our £1,000 Movement for Good award winners. This is a small charity near to our office where £1,000 can go a long way and they have great plans for the money to allow them to help more families.”– Caroline said.
“Thank you for letting me spend some time with you and Congratulations on being selected”
Mark Hews, Group Chief Executive at Benefact Group, said: “We would like to thank every single person who took the time to nominate a good cause as part of our Movement for Good Awards. Benefact Group is the third largest corporate donor in the UK and has an ambition to be the biggest. Owned by a charity, all of its available profits go to good causes, and the more the Group grows, the more the Group can give. We know that £1,000 can make a huge difference to the incredible work that charities do and we’re looking forward to seeing how this financial boost will change lives for the better.”
Movement for Good is funded by EIO plc, part of the Benefact Group.
Notes for editors
Contact details: Danielle Gue – Fundraising and Marketing Officer email@example.com
About The ED Society:
- The Ectodermal Dysplasia Society’s mission is to promote awareness and understanding of the Ectodermal Dysplasias. We aim to:
- Be the first port of call for all those seeking information on Ectodermal Dysplasia
- Raise awareness of Ectodermal Dysplasia within the medical profession and other community officials in the UK (e.g., health visitors, and social workers).
- Promote early diagnosis of babies and children with life-threatening symptoms of Ectodermal Dysplasia. For example, overheating, breathing difficulties, feeding difficulties, and immune problems.
- For more information visit https://edsociety.co.uk/
About the Movement for Good Awards:
- Benefact Group’s Movement for Good Awards is giving away over £1million to help charities change lives for the better.
- 150 £1,000 grants were given away in June, a further 150 £1,000 grants will be donated in September, followed by 120 £1,000 grants which will be given away in December. £200,000 will also be given away in £5,000 special grants, and £500,000 will be given in larger grants of £10,000 or more later this year.
- The £1,000 awards are open to all UK-registered charities, not-for-profit organisations, or community interest companies. Anyone can nominate at any time for the chance to receive £1,000.
- Movement for Good is funded by EIO plc, part of the Benefact Group.
- For more information visit www.movementforgood.com
About Benefact Group:
- Benefact Group is an independent, specialist financial services group that exists to give all its available profits to charity. Owned by a registered charity, Benefact Trust, Benefact Group’s family of businesses provides specialist insurance, investment management, and broking and advisory services in the UK, Australia, Canada, and Ireland.
Benefact Group is the third-largest corporate donor to charity in the UK, according to the UK Guide to Company Giving 2023/24. It has donated almost £200m to charity since 2014 and is aiming to reach its target of giving £250m by 2025. Find out more here: www.benefactgroup.com