Did you know, May is National Walking Month? Spring is in full swing and it is the perfect opportunity to get outside, start moving and raise money to help The ED Society support our families. By taking part you’ll be helping us to support individuals, children and families affected by Ectodermal Dysplasia and continue to raise awareness of this rare condition.
Why not organise a walking event at your school, work or in your local community? Walking is a great activity for the whole family and is such a simple way of getting involved and making a difference.
The ED Society are here to help with your fundraising. If you want to discuss ideas, or request some resources to support you and your event, please get in touch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taking part is easy! Here are some ideas to help get you started this #NationalWalkingMonth:
- Organise a sponsored walking event at your school, home or local community
- Take part in Walk to School Week (21 – 25 May) and donate what you would have spent on travel – parents and teachers are encouraged too!
- Challenge your friends or colleagues to a walking challenge and see who can walk the furthest, or the quickest, or can raise the most money.
- Do the #try20 challenge and aim to walk 20 minutes every day for the whole month – ask your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you
- You could sign up for a walking event later on in the year, and use May as the perfect time to kick start your training
- Set yourself a 5k, 10k, challenge for the month. 5,000/10,000 steps a day for the whole month
You can download our fundraising pack, which will include a sponsor form to help you raise funds.
You can also order some ED merchandise
Share your pictures with us and show what a difference a little bit of walking can make!
We’d love to see pictures of you all during your #NationalWalkingMonth challenge.
Post them to our Facebook page, tweet us using #WalkThisMay #teamED or you can tag us on Instagram. (We love to share your pictures and use them for publicity, so please check first of all that everyone is happy for you to post them!)
Paying in your donations
After your #NationalWalkingMonth event, there are a couple of easy ways to send us your hard-earned funds.
You can make a secure online payment below, using a debit or credit card, or PayPal.
You can also send us a cheque, payable to ED Society, to:
The ED Society
Unit 1, Maida Vale Business Centre
Maida Vale Road
Cheltenham, GL53 7ER
If you would prefer to pay your cash in at the bank, you can find our details here.
- However you pay in your funds, if you have a completed Gift Aid/sponsorship form, please post it to us so we can claim an extra 25p for every eligible £1 donated.