Holding a charity box collection is an easy way to raise funds for The ED Society and those affected, while also helping to increase awareness.
Remember to have fun……but we also need to keep it legal!
Follow these charity box collection rules for success:
- Whether you’re collecting money for charity on the street, in other public spaces or at a supermarket, you must obtain permission first. (Check out legal guidelines)
- Once you’ve confirmed the date and venue for your charity collection, you’ll be able to order your ED Society boxes.
- Where possible, get a few more volunteers to help you shake a charity box.
- If it’s a long day, consider having a rota for your volunteers, but make sure there’s always someone to cover peak times.
- Dressing up often helps draw attention and will most certainly give your fundraising a boost (why not wear one of our ED T-shirts?)
- Once you’ve completed the collection, please follow our how to send in your money guidelines to send us the funds (see below)
- Return your collection boxes back to the ED Society UK.
To maximise your fundraising, you can also place a charity box in local shops, your office receptions, restaurants and pubs. Make sure you seek permission from the owner before ordering your donation box.
Sending in your money
Please let the ED Society know the total amount you’ve raised so we can put it straight towards supporting our families affect by Ectodermal Dysplasia.
If you’ve fundraised for the ED Society online ie; Just Giving, Crowdfunder etc. all the money is
automatically sent to us, so you can sit back and relax!
Collected donations can be sent by cheque in the post, made payable to ED Society
ED Society, Unit 1 Maida Vale Business Centre, Maida Vale Road, Cheltenham,
Glos. GL53 7ER.
We really appreciate all the hard work and support you, your friends, family and colleagues have given
the ED Society.
You will receive a thank you letter or certificate from the ED Society within a week of
receiving your donation.
Need more help?
Please get in touch email@example.com or 01242 261332, if you have any further questions.
Alternatively, you can check out our fundraising page.