Why volunteer for the ED Society?
There are many reasons why people choose to voluntarily get involved. Here are just a few reasons:
- To help support the ED Society’s work and cause.
- To provide fundraising ideas even if you are unable to fundraise yourself.
- To write articles for our newsletter, such as sharing your experiences of living with Ectodermal Dysplasia; bullying and how you cope as a teenager; how you encouraged your child to wear dentures; how you cope with the heat, etc.
- To share your experiences of being a parent of a child who is affected by Ectodermal Dysplasia or being affected yourself.
- To bring awareness of Ectodermal Dysplasia to the public and professionals.
- Proof reading documents, etc.
If you speak to people who already volunteer, they will probably tell you that they do it because they want to help other individuals and families in similar situations. So why not volunteer to help and have some fun at the same time!
If you want to know more about volunteering, please email us.