We are a not-for-profit organisation and rely totally on donations and fundraising.
There are many ways companies can become involved, such that they may
- have a match-giving scheme whereby they will match any funds you raise,
- have a Fundraising Committee – enabling you to promote the ED Society,
- select two or three charities a year to receive their fundraising donations allowing you to nominate the ED Society,
- allow you to organise a fundraising event and involve some work colleagues.
With your support we will be able to continue increasing awareness and raising the profile of Ectodermal Dysplasia.
This is a flexible scheme which enables you to make charitable donations straight from your gross salary (before tax has been deducted) giving you immediate tax relief on the value of your donation. Payroll Giving means a basic rate taxpayer wishing to donate £10.00 would only pay £8.00 and if you are a higher rate tax payer it will only cost 60p for every £1.00 you donate, which can be done regularly or as a one off! Furthermore, many employers are encouraging the scheme by matching their employee donations.
If your company has a Charity Giving Policy, they may like to consider donating to the ED Society as a regular annual giving or as a one off.
If you are a Charity Giving organisation supporting the work of charities, research and development projects, the ED Society would welcome any donations, small or large, to help us
- carry out specific projects,
- maintain our website,
- provide much needed financial support to individuals and families to enable them to purchase wigs, cooling aids or air-conditioning.
Ectodermal Dysplasia is a life-threatening condition. When individuals overheat due to a lack of temperature control, a simple cooling jacket would enable them to continue working in hot weather, take part in sporting activities; a fan or air-conditioning would help prevent a lack of concentration and thereby maximise their education, etc.