Coffee. Cake. What’s not to love?
A coffee morning or cake sale is a brilliant way to bring people together and raise money to help change the future of ectodermal dysplasia.
The official ED Coffee Morning is alwas held the second Saturday in November – so Saturday 11th for 2023! But you can take part when ever you want!
Tips for hosting a coffee morning
- Time: depending on the size of your coffee morning gathering, give your guests anywhere from two to four hours to enjoy as much cake as they can.
- Venue: hold your coffee morning at work, your local community centre, favourite café or even your own living room or garden.
- Food: give yourself plenty of time to bake if you’re going solo, or keep things simple by asking guests to bring their own bakes along. You could even hand out prizes to the best bakers!
- Fundraising: ask for a suggested donation for each slice of cake, charge an entrance fee or have a collection box next to your bakes (we can send these out to you.) If you’d rather not have to deal with lots of pennies, you can set up a fundraising page such as Just Giving or go fund me. Or even on Facebook? You could also put a QR code on any posters for guests to donate easily. (Get in touch with us to find out how).
- Prizes: raffles and prizes can really boost the money you raise. Ask local businesses or guests to donate items to raffle off.
Get in touch with us at email@example.com if you want to talk about your plans.